ISK is an affiliate member of Southwest Michigan Behavioral Health (SWMBH), the regional entity responsible for Medicaid benefits management in eight counties.
SWMBH is one of Michigan’s ten Medicaid Prepaid Inpatient Health Plans. As a contractor with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, SWMBH is affiliated with these Community Mental Health Service Provider (CMHSP) partners:
- Barry (Barry County Community Mental Health Authority)
- Berrien (Riverwood Center)
- Branch (Pines Behavioral Health Services)
- Calhoun (Summit Pointe)
- Cass (Woodlands)
- Kalamazoo (ISK)
- St. Joseph (Community Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services of St. Joseph County)
- Van Buren (Van Buren Community Mental Health Authority)
SWMBH and its partner CMHSPs, as well as a network of other local providers, offer mental health services to individuals with severe and persistent mental illness, children with severe emotional disturbance, and individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities.
Additionally, SWMBH functions as the Regional Coordinating Agency to provide services to persons with substance use disorders and is a Duals Demonstration Region for the MI Health Link project.