Certified Community Behavioral
What is a CCBHC?
A CCBHC is a clinic that aims to combine mental health and substance use disorder services delivery and coordinate care across healthcare settings and providers. As a CCBHC, ISK will consistently use evidence-based (proven or predictable) practices and increase access to high-quality care.
For CCBHC information from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services follow this link: CCBHC Demonstration
What are the benefits of a CCBHC?
CCBHCs are held to a high standard of care. They must:
- Help people improve their health by making it easier to get into treatment.
- Keep people from going into the hospital when they don’t need hospital care.
- Make services available no matter your ability to pay or where you live.
- Offer 24/7 mobile crisis response.
- Integrate evidence-based addiction and mental health services, including medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for addiction.
- Provide high-quality care, with timely access, quality reporting, and staffing and coordination of social services, criminal justice, and education systems.
- Build better relationships between hospitals and community health care providers.
What services does a CCBHC provide?
CCBHCs must provide nine core services to promote physical and mental healthcare integration for anyone served within the CCBHC.
- Crisis mental health services: 24-hour mobile crisis teams, emergency crisis intervention services, and crisis stabilization.
- Screening, assessment, and diagnosis.
- Patient-centered treatment planning or like processes. This includes risk assessment and crisis planning.
- Outpatient mental health and substance use disorder services.
- Outpatient clinic primary care screening. This includes a review of key health indicators and health risks.
- Targeted case management.
- Psychiatric rehabilitation services.
- Peer support, counselor services, and family supports.
- Intensive, community-based mental healthcare for members of the armed forces and veterans, particularly those members and veterans located in rural areas.
Am I eligible for CCBHC?
CCBHC services are available to any individual in need of care who has a mental health and/or substance use disorder. CCBHCs will provide care regardless of ability to pay, caring for those who are underserved, have low incomes, are insured, uninsured, or on Medicaid, and those who are active-duty military or veterans.
How do I access CCBHC?
- Call Integrated Services of Kalamazoo at (269) 373-6000 or (888) 373-6200, or
- Walk-in at 615 Crosstown Parkway, Kalamazoo, Mich. 49001 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
CCBHC SLIDING FEE DISCOUNT PROGRAM
If you are uninsured or underinsured, ISK can help. Our sliding fee program provides discounted services to income-eligible individuals based on family size and income.
- To apply for the sliding fee discount program, you must first complete the income verification form. This form is available at the front desk of each ISK location or available for download here. The form must be completed in its entirety in order to be considered for eligibility.
- To view the sliding fee discount scale, click here.