The Whole Health Initiative is part of a national evaluation project contributing to the growth of services for people with mental illness, with funding provided by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA). Through this initiative, ISK offers the InSHAPE (Self Health Action Plan for Empowerment) wellness program.
You may be eligible to join InSHAPE if you are:
- 18 years of age or older
- Diagnosed with a serious mental illness
- Given medical clearance by a doctor for participation
- Able to complete a 6-minute walk test
- Able to participate in choosing and preparing your own meals
- Willing to work toward a healthier life
- Able to attend weekly meetings with a personal trainer, focusing on exercise and eating well.
InSHAPE Service Contacts:
Laura: (269) 491-9638 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles: 269-548-7747 • email@example.com
What does InSHAPE involve?
- InSHAPE is a wellness program that will help you become fit, lose weight and eat healthier.
- You’ll participate in exercise activities in the community and receive nutrition education
and weekly support from your Health Mentor.
- You’ll meet new people and have fun as you create a healthier life for yourself!