Role of Customer Services
The Customer Services office of Integrated Services of Kalamazoo (ISK) is here to help you. The primary responsibilities of our Customer Service agents are to:
- Provide an initial welcome and an orientation of the services and benefits available through the community mental health and substance use service system, as well as an overview of the network of providers in our service system.
- Provide information about how to access mental health, substance use disorders, primary health and other community services.
- Provide information about how to access the processes that are in place to protect the rights of the people we serve. This includes providing assistance to file grievances, complaints, or appeals.
- Provide assistance with questions and problems about community benefits.
Contacting Customer Services
- Customer Services hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- You can call our Customer Services line at 269.553.7000 or toll-free at 877.553.7160. Calls are answered live during business hours. If you call outside business hours you can leave a message, and if you need a call-back outside our normal hours, please let us know, and we will accommodate your needs.
- Persons who are deaf or hard-of-hearing can contact Customer Services – or any of our offices – through the Michigan Relay Center (MRC) at 7-1-1. Please give/tell the MRC operator the ISK number you are trying to reach.
Grievance and Appeals
- Customer Service representatives can assist individuals with filing a grievance or complaint about services. If you have a complaint about your services, please call Customer Services directly at 269.553.7000 or toll-free at 877.553.7160.
- Click here to have your concerns sent directly to a Customer Service Representative.
Our Customer Handbook covers many topics of interest about our agencies and the services we provide, and rights and responsibilities of the people we serve. The Customer Service office can also provide you with a written copy of the Guide. You can also ask Customer Services for other items like:
- Recipient Rights booklets are available in both English and Spanish. You can access them by clicking English or Spanish
- A directory of all of the agencies we contract with to provide supports and services. You can also access a searchable directory of our provider network through this web site by visiting the “Providers” tab and selecting Search for a Provider from the menu or by clicking this link — Provider Directory.
Informational brochures about our agencies – both affiliate partners and provider network service agencies
- Information about community services that are available
- Information about benefit programs like Medicaid and how to effectively work within these programs
- Informational brochures about specific materials related to mental health and illnesses, substance abuse issues, and developmental disabilities.