The ISK Housing Recovery Center (HRC) functions to assist individuals with finding and maintaining safe, accessible, and affordable housing. The HRC provides a broad array of housing related services focused on individuals with a mental health and/or substance use issue.
For access to the Outreach Team, Oakland House Shelter, please call Erica Patton at (269) 532-1270.
For information related to ISK supportive permanent housing programs, please call the Main Housing Line at (269) 364-6945.
- Outreach to individuals living in an emergency shelter or places not meant for human habitation
- Initial connections and relationship building using a peer support model
- Short term “shelter” at the Oakland House
- Referrals to mainstream services including mental and physical health services, social services, transportation, expedited application for disability status, and permanent housing assistance
- Direct assistance with setting housing goals and seeking and accessing all potential housing resources
- Rental assistance payments
- Post housing supports
ISK’s Housing Team Earns Food Security & Justice Award from Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes
The ISK Housing Team received the 2022 Anne Wend Lipsey Food Security and Justice Award at Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes‘ 40th anniversary and recognition event on Sept. 22, 2022. The honor was awarded in appreciation of the Housing Team’s “outstanding efforts to engage our community in the fight to end hunger.”
“We have great, committed, caring people here at ISK and the Housing Team is solidly in that category,” said David Anderson, Senior Executive of Housing & Director of Facilities. “I am grateful, every day, to work in a department where folks bring their best authentic selves to the job and the work is a mission. Thanks, and congratulations to everyone on the ISK Housing Team.”
The ISK Housing Team poses with their award at at the Kalamazoo Nature Center, where Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes held their 40th anniversary celebration on Sept. 22, 2022. (Photo from Loaves & Fishes)