Professional and caring assistance is available for individuals who are experiencing substance use issues. From the moment you request substance use treatment services, all information you share is protected by federal confidentiality laws.
Services are provided in the least restrictive environment available to assist you in meeting your treatment goals. We work closely with:
- Community resource agencies
- Health care providers
- Mental health treatment agencies
- Department of Human Services
- Housing resources
Our Core Services Include:
- Counseling Services: Individual or group therapy
- Recovery Support: Peers (people who have been in your situation) will stay connected with you throughout your recovery
How do I receive services? Any individual who feels they need help with substance use concerns can contact the ISK Access Center at (269) 373-6000 or (888) 373-6200. Our staff will talk with you about your concerns and link you to services or connect you with other treatment agencies if necessary. You are also welcome to contact Southwest Michigan Behavioral Health (SWMBH) directly. SWMBH is the Substance Use Treatment Coordinating Agency for Kalamazoo County and can be reached toll-free at (800) 781-0353. SWMBH will be responsible for authorizing/approving your substance use services.
Cost for services Fees are based upon your ability to pay or your health insurance coverage. While no one is denied services based on their financial situation, there may be a waiting list in place to receive non-Medicaid covered services.
Signs of Substance Use Disorders
• Feeling like you should cut down on your drinking or other drug use
• Feeling bad or guilty about your drinking or other drug use
• Taking a drink or using other drugs when you first get up
• A friend or family member has told you things you said or did while you were drinking or using drugs that you could not remember
• Injecting drugs
• Persons under 18 using alcohol or other drugs